Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Patton sn4114 in the UK not disconecting calls fix.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zensoftware, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Hi,

First I'm not sure if this is the correct forum topic to post under maybe there should be a gateway specific section like the SIP provider one?

I have been working with a customer who pointed out to me that any calls placed outbound via his Patton sn4114 to PSTN numbers would not drop if the remote party ended the call. This was causing him big issues when he used the forward to PSTN options on accounts.

I tested this with our Patton and true enough this was the case with the default config file created by 3CX (V5).

Having looked further into the problem it, it would appear that the Patton was not correctly detecting the release tone (call ended) for the UK and so would keep a silent call open.
    I could confirm this as I used a different Linksys gateway and this worked fine.

Looking even further into the problem 'Thanks Rob :)' it looks like the tone the Patton was detecting was incorrect we tried changing the following section of the config...

profile call-progress-tone UK_Releasetone

flush-play-list
    play 1 400 400 -24
    pause 2 350
    play 3 225 400 -24
    pause 4 525

With this:

profile call-progress-tone UK_Releasetone

flush-play-list
    play 1 1000 400 0

And it now works correctly.

Can anyone else confirm this is required for the UK config and if that is the case could 3CX amended the UK tone pack to reflect this.

Thanks

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I suggest contacting Patton about this. We have the UK defaults in our software as provided by Patton. If Patton confirms these new settings are the correct ones then we can update our templates.

Separately we will send mail to them as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Thanks Nick,

yes we will do, Interesting that Patton have this article that sugests the release tone should be the same as the busy tone.

http://www.patton.com/voip/config_detail.asp?id=167

configure
    system
    profile call-progress-tone UK_Dialtone
    play 5000 350 0 440 0
    profile call-progress-tone UK_Alertingtone
    play 400 400 0 450 0
    no play 200
    play 400 400 0 450 0
    no play 2000
    profile call-progress-tone UK_Busytone
    play 400 400 0
    no play 400
    exit
    profile tone-set UK
    map call-progress-tone dial-tone UK_Dialtone
    map call-progress-tone ringback-tone UK_Alertingtone
    map call-progress-tone busy-tone UK_Busytone
    map call-progress-tone release-tone UK_Busytone
    map call-progress-tone congestion-tone UK_Busytone
    exit

4. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Ooh yes please!

I'd love to see a bit more segregation of the forum into it's constituent parts so that issues could be worked out with more clarity.

Personally, I want to sell reliable solutions as a priority over solutions with the latest bells and whistles, so i'd love to see bugfixes on supported products being given priority over unsupported features and hardware until those supported bugs tail off....and at that point we'd look to convert more unsupported hardware to a supported status. That's the way to introduce a level of user confidence into the software and save our reputations when we need to implement something which will "just work".

If Nick needs any support and help in this arena, i'd be glad to lend a hand - as i'm sure would several others here.

Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Some additional information.

This fix appears works if the end point is a SIP handset but if the inbound call is destined to a digital receptionist the call remains open after the PSTN Caller hangs up. Odd thing is when the call is answered by the digital assistant the Patton does not appear to receive the release tone? Would a call to a digital receptionist be handled differently then a call destined to a handset that my explain this?

Also could 3CX end dead calls if there was silence detected for say 5 mins?

Any ideas would be apriciated.

Cheers
    Neil

6. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Even more information that may point to an issue.

After some more testing it would appear that the wav file used in the digital assistant makes all the difference.

If i use a short simple test file like the windows shutdown sound in XP its fine and the call can be ended by the PSTN party without issue.
    Release tones are detected.

If however i use a voice recording of ours then the new call gets stuck in progress every time.

What i was wondering was maybe the wav file had to much audio in the 400hz frequency band and maybe the Patton was hearing this could not clearly detect the release tone (400 hz for 1 second).

To test this theory I ran my wav file though some audio editing software, through a high pass filter to reduce all frequencies below 600hz. The new resulting wav file is the same format and length than the old one but with next to no audio in the 400hz band.
    Interestingly this wav file used in the digital assistant now works every time!.

I have also tried with the attached wav files for 400hz and 800hz .The same is true the call is held in progress if the 400hz file is used as the prompt for the digital assistant but not if the 800hz file is used.

So in conclusion. is it possible that the Patton is getting audio echo and this is stopping it detect the release tone correctly?

Or am I just going slightly mad?

Cheers

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.