• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Patton SN4312 Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderHanna

Reaction score
Does anyone know the reason why 3CX stopped supporting Patton SN4312 gateway. This use to be on the supported list with the SN4114, but now, only the SN4114 is supported.

What is interesting is that I still have several SN4312 out in the field that are working. However, lately, I have discovered three SN4312 that started with a crazy issue. When the lead number is called, it shows up in 3CX trunks list as incoming call, but the call then disappears after a few rings. It continues to ring on the caller's end and then all of a sudden it shows back up in 3CX. However the call is never answered by voicemail, auto attendant and the use cannot answer the extension.

If I put the line on a regular analog phone, i can answer the incoming call.

The thing is, all other lines work without any issues. When I tried connecting the line to a SN4114, it works without issues.

This problem started without any updates to the system and had worked for several years without any issues.

Any one with any ideas?

Thanks
Alexander

My guess is that if nothing has changed with 3CX or the SN, then you may need to look at the incoming phone line into the SN. I assume that this is being used as a FXO gateway and while you may be able to use a phone, I also assume that it may be an intermittent issue. I also think it fair to say that the SN is doing much more with the signal than the phone is. You may want to get Wireshark on it to see what the signalling is like between the two (SN & 3CX).

To me, it is more likely to be the SN than anything. I tend to think that to 3CX it is all data be it from a phone or a gateway and that the same protocol is in play for both and all coming in on the same Ethernet connection using the same SIP port.

You might consider finding a 1-2 port inexpensive FXO gateway and substituting this to isolate the issue.

Hi Ineblett,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, it is used as an FXO and I do think that it is the SN4312 gateway. I have a ticket open with Patton and hopefully they can provide a solution quickly.

I have tried the SN4114 gateway and the problem goes away. I have compared both configurations and they look the same. Even if they were not, the line had worked without issues on the SN4312.

Thanks,
Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.