• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved PBX Amazon Public IP Change - domain 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArturCarvalho

Reaction score
We have our PBX in Amazon AWS. We have installed using the wizard provide by 3CX, and have a domain domain.3cx.eu

We have made a stop an start, and the public IP have changed. How we change the IP in the domain.3cx.eu.

In Customer Portal there is no information abou the domain

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have configured your public ip address as dynamic during installation, it will be updated automatically.
However DNS propagation may take some time, maximum of 24 hours. I resolve it currently as 151.80.248.30

If you have configured your public ip address as dynamic during installation, it will be updated automatically.
However DNS propagation may take some time, maximum of 24 hours. I resolve it currently as 151.80.248.30

You are saying that the DNS entry its automatic changed by the 3cx? I remember seeing in our customer portal the dns entry, and now it's gone.

I am trying to access to the web console ( change the IP in my hosts ) and i have a 502 Bad Gateway Error

Then you should probably place a ticket to 3CX support (or via your 3CX reseller). I suppose you have a valid 3CX maintenance or 3CX license hasn't expired..

Otherwise it looks like as issue with Amazon AWS itself.

Last edited:
@ArturCarvalho Yes if you selected Dynamic IP during installation 3CX will automatically update the DNS entry. If you chose static, then you need to update the static IP in 3CX which it will then use to update. That being said, did your public IP address change or just your private IP? If only your private IP changed you probably need to update the firewall rules/portforwarding. You would also want to make your IP static to avoid this issue going forward.

If you IP is set to static in the management console the PBX will not check and will not update your public IP. You will need to access your management console via public IP (the new one) and change the setting to Dynamic. You will then need to restart services for the change to take effect. Once you do you will have to wait for DNS propagation.

Thanks for your replies.. My problem is solved. The main problem was that the disk run out of space... after that, i was able to start 3cx. Then i changed the static public ip to the new IP on the console (https://domain.3cx.eu/#/app/settings/network/0/public_ip) . Them after some minutes the domain was updated.. I didn't set the setting to dynamic.

Thanks for your replies.. My problem is solved. The main problem was that the disk run out of space... after that, i was able to start 3cx. Then i changed the static public ip to the new IP on the console (https://kepler.3cx.eu/#/app/settings/network/0/public_ip) . Them after some minutes the domain was updated.. I didn't set the setting to dynamic.

Still it's better to change setting to dynamic public ip address in PBX, You'll will have better accessibility to PBX then.

Glad the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.