Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Pbx config tool can't find backup file...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

I am installing v 15 on a new pic. My old one ran 12.5. I ran the install and when I got to specifying the path to the backup, it could not find my backup. What am I doing wrong? More info:

- my backup is a full backup from version 12.5 using the backup and restore app

- the zip for the backup is in C:\downloads but when I specified that the pbx config tool said file couldn't be found

- I then tried specifying the file name of the zip in the path (C:\downolads\3cx_backup_august_2016) and that didn't work either

- i then tried variants like using forward slashes instead of backward slashes, sticking a slash at the end, etc but none of them worked. I even tried changing C to lowercase...that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Btw, I noticed the installer installed packages for 2008, 2010 and 2015 visual c++...I don't remember v 12.5 doing that...did it? Will those packages automatically be updated as security patches come out or do I need to do that myself?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. asinshesq

Solved: I winded up installing fresh and then using the regular 3cx modules to restore (it became clear when I did that that I need to have the backup file in or under the programdata/3cx/data folder so I copied it there and all went well). Still not home free but I have a new question that I will ask in a new topic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.