Pbx config tool can't find backup file...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asinshesq, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asinshesq

I am installing v 15 on a new pic. My old one ran 12.5. I ran the install and when I got to specifying the path to the backup, it could not find my backup. What am I doing wrong? More info:

- my backup is a full backup from version 12.5 using the backup and restore app

- the zip for the backup is in C:\downloads but when I specified that the pbx config tool said file couldn't be found

- I then tried specifying the file name of the zip in the path (C:\downolads\3cx_backup_august_2016) and that didn't work either

- i then tried variants like using forward slashes instead of backward slashes, sticking a slash at the end, etc but none of them worked. I even tried changing C to lowercase...that didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Btw, I noticed the installer installed packages for 2008, 2010 and 2015 visual c++...I don't remember v 12.5 doing that...did it? Will those packages automatically be updated as security patches come out or do I need to do that myself?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. asinshesq

Solved: I winded up installing fresh and then using the regular 3cx modules to restore (it became clear when I did that that I need to have the backup file in or under the programdata/3cx/data folder so I copied it there and all went well). Still not home free but I have a new question that I will ask in a new topic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.