PBX deliver Audio setting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Randika, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randika

Hi All

Why 3cx is ignoring No PBX deliver audio setting.

Although my phones and 3cx server are in the same subnet and pbx deliver audio is UNCHECKED, the media traffic is still going via
    the 3cx.(confirmed with wireshark)

Any idea ?

Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are two settings for PBX delivers audio. One of for the VoiP provider and the other is for the extensions. You did not specify which setting. The one to the provider is normally set based upon the provider requirements. The other issue that may have some influence is the type of call. Where was it originated and to what destination - internal to internal or external to internal or internal to external and were the external calls an extension or to a number? The originator is the one that normally sets-up the call and negotiates the subsequent audio.

3. Randika

Hi lneblett

Thanks for the reply, I am referring to the setting in the extension. not in the voip provider.I think for internal calls the media should not go via the server. It is additional overhead for the server. But even though it is unchecked RTP is still going via the server.

Thanks

4. lneblett

Is re-invite checked for the extensions in question? What phones are in use?

5. Randika

Hi

Yes, Support re-invites is checked for all extension and we are using Grandstraem ( gxp 2100s and gxp 2130s)

Thanks

6. lneblett

What is the codec order on the extensions? I have some GS phones and will take a look as well. Did you manually provision or did 3CX provision the phones?

7. Randika

Hi

Hi

1st preference - PCMA
    2nd preference - PCMU
    3rd preference - G722 wideband
    4th preference - G729

3cx is doing the phone provision via the template.

We have separate voice VLAN for phones, However the 3cx softphones are in data VLAN like the computers. 3CX server is having two network cards for both these VLANs. And we have NOT configured inter VLAN routing between these two. Is this causing the audio to go via the sever always even though pbx deliver audio unchecked ?

Thanks a lot for your help

8. lneblett

3CX can only work off of one NIC/IP.

When provisioning, it will include the IP as you set in the 3CX system. The SIP packet will always go to the server in order to set up the call. You need to look at the packet to see how the call is being set and what the SDP is doing.

I would do this for the current set-up and then take two phones (for the extension to extension testing) and put in the same LAN/VLAN as the server and test again. Hopefully, this will show the differences.

9. Randika

Hi

Phones are in the same LAN as the 3cxserver, the only thing is the server is working in both data and voice VLANs because we are using softphones which are installed in computers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.