Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

PBX Delivers Audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by binary1, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binary1

Hi, I'm just wondering... since PBX delivers audio removes incompatibility issues, so does unchecking supports re-invites and supports replaces, why not just uncheck those check boxes first and then do the pbx delivers audio at the start instead of going through the pain?

What are the pros and cons? Considering we've got a pretty hefty hardware and like gigabit network nowadays ...

2. wzaatar

Hello,

A couple things I can think of:

- Bandwidth: Yes, you have gigabit but this feature is not tailored to this particular infrastructure. What makes 3CX so good is that you can optimize the connection even when end-to-end phones are on very limited networks.
    - Delay: Don't underestimate in complex networks, especially if you have a lot of hops or VPN crossovers.
    - Machine: Transcoding eats up some power from your machine, so depending on your version/license.

Mind you, I've always worked without PBX Audio Delivery and was always happy. Maybe some other user can share some thoughts on his experience with that.

My humble 2 cents,

W.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.