PBX delivers audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by deanril@yahoo.com, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanril@yahoo.com

I have a question about it, I have 45 extensions all set to pbx delivers audio I have always had it this way.(45 extensions in all 30 local, 14 sbc , 1 remote stun).

I started this thread cause I asked in another thread the answers I got were below.

My question what happens when you uncheck it? Checked I guess more stress on pbx, more load more traffic.

No Pbx Delivers audio:
    So would the phone be connected right to the Voip provider rtp stream? After the Call is setup with the PBX?

I can see where this would help with network traffic as it is pbx runs fine 8 2.4 ghz cpus 8gb ram for most part sits at 1-2% cpu and 2gb ram usage and network traffic like 3mb with 20 calls simultaneously.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

Remote extensions using STUN should always have PBX delivers audio as mentioned in the previous post. External calls would never connect directly to local extensions or extensions behind SBC. Pbx will deliver audio regardless if you have the option enabled or not in the extensions.
    Extensions behind an SBC should not have that option enabled unless you records calls. The reason is that the SBC can act as a proxy for the extensions behind it and the extensions can talk to each other without the audio reaching the PBX.
    Please note that the specs of your machine are very high and your installation is not that large so it will easily handle the extra "stress" as long the network can take it then all is well.
    What will happen after you uncheck this option is that internal calls after being established will talk to each other and not through the PBX

3. deanril@yahoo.com

Ok yeah I record all calls. I unchecked it yesterday on one extension to see whats what in wireshark and no difference, probably cause I'm recording all calls.

Thank you Sir!

4. deanril@yahoo.com

I would also like to add 3CX is much more stable for me, in V15, I was thinking my instabilities was related to all calls being recorded. I use to restart the server nightly because of issues. Now with V15 I don't have to its working much better. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.