Solved PBX Express not Working for AWS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bryan Hughes, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan Hughes

I've been trying to install 3cx on an EC2 instance for about half of a day now and I have reason to believe that the PBX Express tool isn't working. I have gone through the preliminary steps several times, I have created a user with the necessary rights, I have created the key pairs, I have done everything the documentation says to do down to a T and I keep getting the same error. When I get to the end of step 4 where I enter the cloud details it gives me the following error:

"You do not have the right permissions to create machines with these account details. Login to the hosted provider administration portal and ensure that you are able to create instances. Then try again."

Then when I press details it says the following:

"Error: The request must contain the parameter ImageId
    In order to create virtual machine, you need to grant policy 'AmazonEC2FullAccess' to the user and have available limits of running instances."

Has anyone else run into this issue? I know that 3cx is able to access my account using the provided info because it's able to pull up the necessary key pair. I can also verify that this account can currently create EC2 instances directly within the AWS console.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Bryan,

If it has taken you this long so far then as a quick fix I would advise you just install 3CX on AWS manually. I install this way all the time and it is very simple (and you would not waste half a day of your time): https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/installation-linux/

3. Bryan Hughes

Thanks Edd I will give that a shot today.

Thanks!

~Bryan

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

I am just thinking it would give you a quick fix rather than messing around - update the string if you get any issues.

5. Bryan Hughes

Just to give an update on this. I was able to get this going in under an hour today on AWS. I used AWS to deploy a Debian 9 Stretch instance on an EC2 instance. The instructions in the link you provided worked like a charm.

It's worth noting for any future users that might read this that when you connect to AWS via SSH you will have to login as "admin" since logging in as "root" is not allowed for some reason. So when executing commands make sure to execute "sudo -i" before deploying 3cx.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.