Solved PBX Express OS updates and maintenance

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Igor Vitorac, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igor Vitorac

I have started PBX Express evaluation on 14/10/2017 and I understand that my 3CX system will be operational for one year.
    For the time being, 3CX system is working fine as well as 3CX software updates.
    But, what about OS updates?
    Does 3CX scripts update OS (Debian) as well, or that should be handled manually?

Manu thanks,
    Igor

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Igor Vitorac

Does that mean that 3CX company deploys PBX Express in my cloud and leaves that OS like a zombie to be easy target for the hackers?

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

to explain

our 1y offer
    we host the VMs, in our accounts, we take care of them, we pay for them, we update them (including SP if needs be) to be up to date with what is in the deb9 repos.

If you select PBXexpress to be created in your account, you take care of them, you "maybe pay" for them, you update them (including SP if needs be). We have not control over those. So the "zombie" is in your control ;-)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Igor Vitorac

I have used my OVH account during your PBX Express wizard procedure. I had impression that you pushed the whole VM instance with the pre-deployed 3CX.

So, if I understood correctly:
    - During the PBX Express wizard procedure, I have provided to your wizard openstack user id with SSH keys, so you have provisioned Debian instance based on OVH template, right?
    - After that, you have deployed 3CX, right?

--> Is that correct?

If that is the case, then I will connect to my OVH instance in order to manage the OS.

Many thanks,
    Igor

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

- During the PBX Express wizard procedure, I have provided to your wizard openstack user id
    --- yes, Correct

with SSH keys
    --- No, only the key pair name, we never got your private key u made and never connected to the host via ssh

so you have provisioned Debian instance based on OVH template, right?
    --- Yes, Correct

- After that, you have deployed 3CX, right?
    --- Yes, kind of "magically"

--> Is that correct?
    --- Now it is :)

Igor Vitorac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.