PBX Express to G Cloud "Unscheduled" Stop

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PNWorks, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PNWorks

After successfully setting up 3cx on my Google cloud trial account several times (albeit a while ago) I am now having trouble with step 3 of the PBX Express cloud installation tool.

I start by picking my time-zone, then the extension length, everything is good there. Then I select "Google" as my cloud provider, and the Google account selector comes up. I push "Allow" and the drop-down boxes populate with my G cloud projects. Still no issue...

I choose the project I created to house this instance, and change the processor to "G1-Small" before clicking "Finish". The PBX Express tool asks me to please wait (for about a second) then returns to the same screen, having made no changes. It's failing, for some reason, to launch and install the PBX on my cloud account.

How can I go about troubleshooting this? I am not familiar with any G-Cloud logging system that might catch this error, so I'm kind of stuck here.

(I have already deleted the project and created a new project. Same issue. Also I am aware that I must open the "compute engine" page before attempting an installation so Google will get the project fired up. I'm doing that, but the problem must lie elsewhere.)

Can anyone help me with this?

2. PNWorks

I guess the PBX Express was having some engine work done or something, because it works today. Thanks!

3. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear your issue was resolved.

4. PNWorks

A little more detail in case anyone else hits this:
    Since I re-used my email address when obtaining a new license key, my original license key was given to me instead, which already has 3cx installed on it. So my attempts to run the PBX Express were failing due to there already being an active licensed installation with that license, and because it had to steal the URL from my old system to set up, which it went ahead and did this morning. So now I just have to get a real license key registered to my end-user, and use that to install. Also I'll have to have my URL pointed back at my original installation, then I'll be back to good. What a mess.
    If anyone has any tips on how to get my URL issue fixed, please let me know.
    Thanks

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @PNWorks

If you used the same key on a second server with a different public IP then the DNS entry for that FQDN has changed. Make sure that there is only one installation per key and then on the original server navigate to Settings / Network and set the external IP configuration to Dynamic Public IP.
    Restart all services and set it back to static once the DNS entry changes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.