• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PBX Free to Enterprise upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manouchehr

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently installed Elastix-5 (which is part of 3CX now) FREE PBX version. Now i would like to upgrade to enterprise edition, does it mean i have to reinstall completely? or it is just a matter of a license key?

Appreciate your input

Best regards

thanks for the links.

I have downloaded and installed Elastix 5, does it mean im running 3CX 15?

Converting Evaluation to Full Version
If you evaluated 3CX successfully and you are ready to upgrade your free 3CX PBX Edition key to a full featured commercial version, a Version Upgrade must be purchased on your existing license key.

• As an End User, you must present your key to the 3CX Partner for the Upgrade order to maintain your installation and FQDN
  • As a 3CX Partner, only order new license keys in case no evaluation has been made using a 3CX PBX Edition key as the FQDN is already bound to a key resulting in a reinstall of the product.

I'm little confused with the above statement............ i do have a evaluation license key.... does it mean i can have it converted to Enterprise without reinstallation? if so, how does my system recognize it is no longer evaluation license, infact it is enterprise license???

I have downloaded and installed Elastix 5, does it mean im running 3CX 15?
Yes, I think we can assume based on
https://www.elastix.org/docs/
does it mean i can have it converted to Enterprise without reinstallation? if so, how does my system recognize it is no longer evaluation license, infact it is enterprise license???
I'm afraid nothing without backup and reinstall!

If you install 3CX V15 and you use license key XYZ, do NOT RESTORE backups with another key from the management console to this installation! An exception would be if you are planing to UPGRADE the PBX Edition evaluation key into a full version and you do NOT yet own a key, then also reserve abclimited on this key!

Replacing the license key or importing a backup with a different license key requires a reinstall of the PBX!

Last edited:
Ok. that is really not what i was expecting. thank you very much.

It seems possible if upgrade was purchased for eval. key...

Hello there,
there are 2 ways to upgrade your installation:
You either upgrade your existing key to enterprise, so no re-install is needed. After the upgrade you just click on license/Edit and ok you are done.
The other way is buy a different key. In this case you need to perform a backup without including license and FQDN. Un-install the system and release the key from the FQDN (so you can use the same FQDN). Then you re-install using the new license but the configuration is restored from from the backup.
Hope this is clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.