• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PBX keeps downgrading firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

aw_th

Reaction score
Hi There,

Forgive me if this is lacking information, I can provide more if needed.
We have a number of Yealink T46G phones at our location, and we wanted to use the WF40 wifi dongles with them. To use these dongles, we require minimum ver. 28.81.x firmware for the phones.

Currently the highest version of firmware available in 3cx PBX ('Upgrade Firmware") is 28.80.0.110.

I tried manually (via the phones IP webUI) upgrading a T46G from 28.80.0.110 to the version I want (v 28.81.0.110).

When I then provision an extension with this phone/MAC, and plug the phone into power/network, once the phone registers with the PBX, it immediately begins a firmware "upgrade" and downgrades the phone back to 28.80.0.110.

I'm not sure how to force the phone to stay on this higher firmware version (or how to stop the PBX from forcing the downgrade) to allow us the Wifi dongle functionality. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Are you on the latest version of 3CX? V15.5 has an updated FW of the T46G to go along with it. Go to downloads and verify that the upgrade isn't a service pack (probably don't download the beta). Also in downloads see if there is a firmware download.

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-05-26-19-20-20.png
    Capture+_2017-05-26-19-20-20.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 8
You could disable provisioning ... I often do many custom changes on a per extension basis, so during installs I regularly provision all the phones to a kind of default state for that customer then disable provisioning on the extensions that I do manual changes on. It's not the end of the world, although many installers (never the end users) seem to dislike this.

Reactions: jbryant84
Yealink phones webui makes it a breeze to manually configure. Its time consuming but pretty painless.

Reactions: JasonNadeau
Thanks everyone.
We're on verison 14 of 3cx for the time-being, so I followed JasonNadeau's suggestion and provisioned the phone from the PBX with a 'basic'/default template for our organization and then, after it provisioned, I disabled future provisioning on that extension, and manually updated the firmware from the WebUI on the Yealink phone (after recording the phone web page pw)
Everything is working correctly as far as I can tell, but will test it before rolling out to our users.
Thanks again for your help

Thanks everyone.
We're on verison 14 of 3cx for the time-being, so I followed JasonNadeau's suggestion and provisioned the phone from the PBX with a 'basic'/default template for our organization and then, after it provisioned, I disabled future provisioning on that extension, and manually updated the firmware from the WebUI on the Yealink phone (after recording the phone web page pw)
Everything is working correctly as far as I can tell, but will test it before rolling out to our users.
Thanks again for your help

The reason they keep downgrading is that you have the firmware downloaded into the provisioning folder. If you delete the downloaded 3cx supported firmware it won't auto-downgrade to the supported firmware when the phone reboots. You don't have to remove provisioning which disables the ability to modify BLF's and other functions.

Go to c:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\$randompath$\firmware\yealink and delete the ROM files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.