PBX not generating configuration files

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DBOD, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBOD

I am running version 11 SP1 but have had this issue for awhile. I have to jump through too many hoops to get the PBX to generate my phone configuration files after custom modifying the templates. The PBX will generate a phone configuration file if I create a new extension or if I modify a parameter of the extension. However, if I edit the template for a parameter that is not an option from within the management console the PBX does nothing. The template is modified but my <mac>.cfg file in the provisioning folder is not updated. The only way for me to get it updated is to then go to the management console and open the extension and then modify a parameter there and say ok or apply. And then of course I have to do it again to modify that parameter back. I doubt this is unique to my Aastra phones. Am I doing something wrong. Restarting all services or rebooting the PBX server has no effect on this either. Any help would be appreciated. This process should be a little more intuitive.

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

im management console: Phones-> select phone, and press "Reprovision phones" ?

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

To make sure this works you can delete the mac.cfg file and reprovision the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DBOD

Thanks mixig. It works like a charm.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This is all well and good, except if I make a config change and wait for the phones to autoprovision at 2am when nobody is is in the building... it doesn't work. I have to touch every extension. There is a suggestion on the FB Idea site. Not that a ton of people go there and vote :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.