• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PBX Server Not Reachable

Status
Not open for further replies.

figtree

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my 3CX-PBX with the 3CX-Gateway-Skype but are on different PC's on each other.
When I tried connecting them on the same PC, all is working fine. Outbound call and Inbound were okay.

But when I put them to separate PC's with different IP addresses (same LAN), it seems that the PBX is ignoring the SIP register messages from the Skype-Gateway.

I have checked the config on my PBX, it seems alright. But I can only see the SIP-Registrations from the Skype-Gateway being received by the PBX. The PBX is not responding with any SIP messages. I just can't connect with the Skype-Gateway.

On the same PC's, all were fine.

What could be wrong? Appreciate your advise.

Thanks,
Fred

Hi, can you please take a capture and send it to me at [email protected]. Probably there is something wrong in the configuration or ports.

Hope you did not leave the 3CX Skype gateway port in the 3CX management console to 127.0.0.1 correct?

If you changed the location (ip) of the skype gateway you have to also change (or create) a new Skype GATEWAY line in the 3CX Add Ports section pointing this to the proper (NEW) Skype gateway IP AND PORT.

Thanks.

Hi! Michael,

I sent you a mail at [email protected];

In the gateway settings (on the PBX-3CX), I put the following;
Gateway IP or Hostname: 192.168.150.249 (IP of the Skype-Gateway)
Gateway Port: 6060 (port in Skype-Gateway)

Port ID: 10000 (Same as in Skype-Gateway)
Authentication ID/ Password: 10000 (Same as in Skype-Gateway)

I'm receiving the sip packets (traces taken at the PBX-3CX side) from the Skype-Gateway (192.168.150.249), but it seems the PBX is ignoring, or discarding these sip requests.

Thanks on looking on this issue.

-Fred

Hi Fred,
The firewall test is not related.
You do not need stun translation or check you NAT between the local machines (.249 and .163)

It is very simple - This was working and the moment you removed the skype gateway from the same machine it stopped working. You have to have some firewall on blocking the incoming requests.

Restart the 3CX Phone system service.
Stop the skype gateway -
Check the configuration of the skype gateway and confirm that the file / settings / Advanced and the option PBX sip port points to the correct sip port - 5060

Go to Right click on the gateway port in Skype and you have an option - Tracelog - send that to us. This is important.

it is also another option to delete the gateway port IN 3CX and re-create it again.

Also from where was this capture taken? from the PBX host or from the gateway host?

Also if you want you can download latest skype gateway from the following link, http://www.3cx.com/downloads/v8/3CXGatewayforSkype_2.9769.msi
Uninstall old version and install latest version (9769). Please send me feedback on [email protected]

Thanks

Thanks so much Michael.
It is just an issue on my firewall. I was able to register the Skype-GW to the PBX (another PC) successfully.

Thanks!

regards,
Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.