• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PBXLocalAddr empty in Provisioning file

Status
Not open for further replies.

MastexSoftware

Reaction score
In my Provisioning files for the 3CX phone, the PBXLocalAddr string is empty:

<PBXLocalAddr />
<PBXPublicAddr>MyExternalAddress</PBXPublicAddr>

Any help where I can change that address?

Hi There

When you installed your 3CX Phone System v14 did you choose 'No Nat' when promoted to choose if you have a Public IP or Private IP configured in your network card?

When you choose the 'No Nat' then only your external FQDN will be present within your 3CXconfig files. This is perfectly acceptable when you only have external connections (remote connections) and no need for internal local Lan connections. If this is not the case and your IP address on your 3CX Phone system server is a private IP Address therefore is installed behind a Nat device you will need to take a backup, re-install using the 'behind Nat' option, configure using the config wizard and restore your backup.

Also with this option make sure you choose the correct setting for your FQDN. If you have an internal DNS server i.e. a windows Domain, choose single FQDN with Split DNS and configure your external FQDN as a forward lookup zone on your DNS server and add an A record under this new zone to point to the internal IP address of your 3CX Phone System server. If no DNS server is present locally then you can use the second option, 'External FQDN and Local FQDN and instead of a local FQDN you can specify the Local private IP Address of your 3CX Phone System server.

Thanks Charles. I think I have to reinstall 3CX.
The situation is that my 3CX server has 2 IP addresses: one internal IP and one external IP address.
So that's why I decided to install it without NAT.

Hi

On your 3CX Phone system server have only one network card with a default gateway configured, better still have only one network card with the internal IP specified and configured for internet access. Then you will be able to control your port forwarding from your firewall/router to open the required ports and forward them to your PBX's IP address.

Yes you will have to backup, remove 3CX, re-install specifying the addresses when requested and entering the external FQDN when asked to. Then you can configure using the config wizard and restore your backup.

See this guide for more details: http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/

I use split DNS with a multi-homed setup instead, pointing the de facto host voice.domain.com to the PBX's WAN IP in external DNS and the PBX's LAN IP for the zone in internal DNS.

However, for the last three-site office setup I rigged up, I put SBCs in all three locations. Seemed to make more sense in case I needed to migrate the PBX offsite from one office to another, or a VPS. Split DNS there wouldn't help, because though I have site VPNs between the offices, I wouldn't want the remote office voice traffic to saturate the VPN but instead just go WAN. Gives me future flexibility to offsite the PBX whenever.. just three SBCs are needing update and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.