PC Connected through PC jack on phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by swenger, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swenger

I connected my laptop through the jack on the phone and received a valid IP and all is well. I have a Network Time Clock device which if I connect direct works fine and I can ping, but if I connect through the PC jack on the phone, I receive a valid IP which I verified in my DHCP server but I am unable to ping it and can therefore not connect with it with the software. Any one know if there is a setting in the 3CX that would prevent this.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

More likely something with the configuration of the desk phone. What model desk phone and have you checked the desk phones web gui to make sure the PC port is enabled?

3CX templates don't by default disable the pc port.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. swenger

The port has to be enabled because the device is receiving a valid IP address from the correct subnet 192.0.0.x whereas the phone gets 10.0.0.x

4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Sure but the device may have kept the IP address it obtained when it was plugged to the wall directly. Can the device release the IP and renew while connected to the phone?

You might be best to try with a laptop on the pc port to troubleshoot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When the PC is plugged into the phone (set to "bridged" I assume) socket, does it show the valid gateway and DNS server (which may be one and the same), when you query?

6. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Phones aren't DHCP servers.. so where did you get two different networks?
    Sounds like the phone is on a different VLAN than the phone.. and the network drop/jack/port is trunked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.