• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PC phone not receiving calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickyk

Reaction score
I have a 3cx VOIP phone that has worked perfectly since i started using it in December. However since yesterday I can no longer receive calls. I can make them but not receive. When i ring the number to test it it just rings out and the VOIP phone never rings despite saying 'On Hook' and 'Available'.

However when i turn on the iphone 3cx app i can receive calls perfectly .

Does anyone know why i cannot receive calls on the PC? I have not made any setting changes since December

Cheers

Are you using these with the 3CX PBX? If so then have a look at the 3CX log during a call attempt. What does it show as a failure then the extension is called? What does the registration information look like (IP and port). I'm assuming that the extension is not reachable (firewall, port conflict, etc.) It may be something that has changed (updated software?) in the PC running the 3CX phone and it is now blocking incoming call attempts.

I rebooted my computer and it now works!
Not sure why this happened.
Hopefully it continues to work now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.