PC speaker not ringing with headset plugged in

Discussion in 'Windows' started by eaaben, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaaben

Hi
    I use 3cx with WinXP.
    I use a old school headset connected through mini-jacks on front of the computer.
    Everything is working perfect. Though I would like the phone to ring through the PC speakers when receiving an incoming call. Otherwise it is not easy for me to be aware of the incoming call.

I have added ringPCspeaker=3 in the ini-file under 'General' as suggested in this forum.
    My PC speaker works just fine when unplugging the mini-jacks.
    But when the are plugged in, the only ringing is through the headset.

Should this work? And how?

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, please check the PC audio settings. On some computers when you insert headsets into the front ports, it will disable the back ports. you need to configure the audio to play back via back and front ports a the same time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eaaben

Hi
    Thanks for the advice. Now I have checked and can not find what you suggest in the settings.
    By the way: I only have front ports on the computer. I have connected the headset to these ports, and then want the ringing to come out of the internal pc speakers.

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

attached is a copy of my setup, this should show you how to set it up, depending on your computer configuration

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eaaben

Thanks for the screen dump.
    I have attached a copy of my setup. Apart from the choosen sound devices, the only other option is "primary sound driver".
    I do not have a "2nd output" as you. Might this be my problem?

Would it help to use a USB headset instead of a headset for the mini-jack port?

Attached Files:

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

According to your posts, this is, let's say like this, a 'mechanical" issue :mrgreen: By plugging a headset as you described, its jack mechanically disconnects the main speaker, redirecting audio to the headset one. So, bottom-line, unfortunately there is nothing to do in this configuration.

Hope it helps.
    vali

7. eaaben

Hi

Now I have tried with a USB-headset - and it works :)
    So the problem was related to using mini jacks.

8. wbowman

If you have set up your USB headset as the default under windows control panel then the computer speakers may not ring. The speaker also does not ring when I leave the default sound devices set to HDMI. If you set your default sound to your computer speakers in control panel and the ringer to primary sound driver then you should hear the phone ring. (Remember to leave your Microphone and Speaker set to your other device, like USB or Headset.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.