• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PC speaker ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludidomagoj

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 3CX NOOB and I managed to get 3CX up and running with company phonebook provisioning on 3CXphone.

My boss asked me to look for PC speaker ringing notice because all PC's have headsets with mic so no real speakers.

I loved new feature "RingPCSpeaker={0,1,2,3}" you added on 3CXPhone.

Melodies 1 and 2 force you to answer or ... but melody 3 rulez!

Do you have plans to make more of it or opening an options to enter code manualy like it was on GSM phones or some WAV converter?

Best Regards,

Logika d.o.o.
Domagoj Versec
Croatia

ludidomagoj said:
Do you have plans to make more of it or opening an options to enter code manualy like it was on GSM phones or some WAV converter?
Hi
Perhaps we will add support for phone to "interpret" some text files containing a text-described song - ringing PC Speaker is not wav/mp3 but single "notes" based, therefore frequency / duration. We'll see, any news will be announced.
Best regards
vali

Greetings,
yesterday I have new 2 PCs in company running Win 7 Pro (while others runs XP or Vista).

An I can't get any sound from PC speaker :(

I had google around and found out that Win 7 does drasticly lower it's volume but still there is none.

Any tips for future or just to forget it (and go buy ultra cheap USB speakers ?)

Best Regards,

Logika d.o.o.
Domagoj Versec

Hi
Please read this, especially how to check if beep device is properly running on a specified machine
http://www.3cx.com/forums/pc-speaker-will-not-ring-17060.html#p86601
Hope it helps
vali

neo.sys asked me where is config file, here is copy/paste of msg I replied:
--------------------------
On XP
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Phone\3CXVoipPhone.ini

On Vista / Win7 (c'mon we all know it's final Vista ;) )
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\3CX VoIP Phone\3CXVoipPhone.ini

Edit 3CXVoipPhone.ini and under [General] put RingPCSpeaker=1..3

BB
--------------------------

Later I'll keep you updated with rest.
Will try doing this:
1. http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-7/default-beep-pc-speaker-changed-in-windows-7-how-to-get-back-to-old-style/
2. echo ^G (what you suggested)

Hope it works :)

Best Regards,

Logika d.o.o.
Domagoj Versec

Sorry, I'm stuffed with other work so I just tried echo "thing".

It displays "echo •" not "echo ^G"(like it does on my "XP computer"), could be code page or else but still no sound from it.

Ill play with replacing files later today around 3pm CET so I'll keep you informed how it went.

Best Regards,

Logika d.o.o.
Domagoj Versec

Hi
Thanks for your feedback. Now, depends what you want - if you don't really need PC speaker, my advice is to don't try such kind of tricks with OS. Personally, I don't like what OS does - I expect PC speaker to be the real one, not mapped to the soundcard - but I would do a system dll replacement only in extreme cases.
Best regards
vali

Thanks for helping me our with RingPCSpeaker issues.

neo.sys said:
Thanks for helping me our with RingPCSpeaker issues.
Hi did you find the configuration file? If you have the latest (Beta 5) version of the phone, in the Debug window in File menu is a new, 'Configuration folder', command, which will open this one and there you will see 3CXVoipPhone.ini.
Regards
vali

IT WORKS!

All you need to do is replace beep.sys :)

Steps:
1. Make Ubuntu Desktop edition 10.04 bootable USB stick (there are many other bootable solution but this one is free ;) )
2. Copy from "XP computer" beep.sys from %windir%\System32\Drivers\Beep.sys to root of your USB stick
3. Boot PC (with Win 7 on it) with that USB stick ("Run Ubuntu from this USB")
4. Opened on local HDD %windir%\System32\Drivers and rename current beep.sys to beep.old
5. Copy from "cdrom" (this is how Ubuntu displays your USB stick root) beep.sys into that local hdd folder
6. Restart your PC
THE END

:)

Best Regards,

Logika d.o.o.
Domagoj Versec

P.S. I don't take any credit from doing this because I just copied what others discovered and tested it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.