PC speaker will not ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by skydiverQ, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skydiverQ

Hi all, tia for your help

I installed 3cx sip phone yesterday and everything was working splendid. Had it running through a USB headset, with the ringer set to go through "high definition audio device", which would be my PC speaker. Everything worked great yesterday, the PC speaker would ring, and then when I picked up a call, everything worked perfectly through the headset.

I shut down the 3cx phone application yesterday after my hours were done, then this morning started it back up when my phone line opened for business. But now the PC speaker will not ring when there is an incoming call? I tried setting RingPCSpeaker=1in the config file, however this had no effect whatsoever. I added this line to both the general settings and also the profile section of the ini file, restarted the phone, nothing has worked. I cannot get the PC speaker ringing again no matter what I change.

Any suggestions?

-John

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Which operating system your machine has?

PC Speaker, as its name says, it's the physical PC speaker, and should not have anything to do with the soundcard. In fact, using PC speaker is recommended for cases when no sound card is available (yet), like well-known computer cold boot diagnostic warning beeps when memory, graphic card or CPU encountered some errors.

Regards
    vali

P.S It's an easy and handy test to check the beep device on your machine:
    - open a command prompt
    - type echo, leava a space then press ALT and numeric keypad 7 - you should see something like echo ^G. Press Enter and you should hear a short "PC speaker" beep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluespiderit

as above what OS are you using?

I've seen a few starnge things with device handling in win7 when a headset is plugged in.

Its possible the headset has shifted focus from speaker, or indeed it is possible that the soundcard diverts sound from the speakers when headsets/earphones are plugged in, even if you have a seperate socket at the front of the pc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.