• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

PCI PRI card

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanketgroup

Free User
Reaction score
Which brand and models based on PCI PRI card does 3cx support ?
Suggest model having step by step installation process with 3cx and template for easy installation,
I want to install PRI card (PCI) with 3cx.

Thanx

According to the list of supported gateways, none.

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

I remember enquiries a few years back, as to using PCI cards as a gateway, and one of the issues, at the time, was that very few, if any, were supported in Windows (drivers available). I don't know if that has changed, if it has, then there may be a way to use one, but, if it isn't "officially" supported, then you would have you get it working yourself, or rely on help from others that have managed to do so. With 3CX every device is addressed by it's IP, so even though the PCI card is internal, it would have be able to have an IP assigned. Other than, perhaps, cost, the only advantage, over a stand-alone gateway would be that the PCI card draws it's power from the server.

Sangoma cards are what you are referring to. Happy to see them de-listed as supported. There were windows drivers and you could make it "work" with 3CX but it wasn't pretty or 100% reliable.

The drivers were two components. One driver to make the card compatible with the windows computer and then software to simulate a SIP trunk for which 3CX registered against it. 3CX didn't talk to the card directly but through that software.

The Patton boxes while expensive are very reliable. You get what you pay for in something that works very well with 3CX. Patton also offers a 5 year enhanced advanced exchange warranty for not a lot of money (it comes with a 1 year basic warranty by default) and their tech support is above average.

3CX supported products are always the best way to go in terms of tech support from 3CX and the hardware provider and also in terms of documentation.

i understand there quality with Patton but Patton is very expensive for small office.

Looking for less expensive PRI solution.
None are listed at http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Thanx

sanketgroup said:
i understand there quality with Patton but Patton is very expensive for small office.

Looking for less expensive PRI solution.
None are listed at http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Thanx

Considering the monthly price of a PRI, you are not talking small office. This is a premium type phone line.

Not really, PRI is cheaper in country where it is being installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.