PDAs/smartphones connecting to 3cx server

Discussion in 'Windows' started by respecte, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. respecte

How do one configure 3cx to allow pdas or smartphones from a remote or public wifi make and receive calls. Thanks

2. SSwart

Im trying this at the moment, i have some register problems but i think its compatible. The PDA(im using a WM6.1 HTC Kaiser) is connecting but due authentication faillure its not registering. I checked a few times the ext and password but its correct. So im lost a little bit to look forward. Maybe that somebody on this forum knows, where i can find the logs on the PDA. Or a solution.

I have a print screen of the errors

Tonight im going to play again so if im get any progress i will tell you

3. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

You may need to specify the Realm as 3CXPhoneSystem. Don't have a WM phone (I've got a Nokia N82), so not sure if it's got a Realm setting in the SIP client, but it is needed for the Nokias.

4. SSwart

Could you explain a little bit more? Realm is that an IP (or hostname). im still a little bit unknown with the terminology of telcos
    I made a print screen;

edit properbly same problem as me:
    problem-using-the-3cx-with-nokia-e51-as-softphone-4566.html#p21147

5. rcallan

As I have experimented, I have found a couple options. I am using SJPhone and XLite as my mobile phones ( On a PDA, a Treo 700wx, and a VZ7600). This is where a DNS forwarder like DYNDNS come in handy. In order for your system to be seen from the outside world. I have found that the Dynamic DNS option works very well, and many free ones out there to choose from. I have great success from no-ip.com ( Free Service).

In SJPhone, the setup tab were interested in is SIP Proxy. In the top line simply place the Dynamic DNS name, as long as your firewall is good, you will be able to connect.

As I am using WM5, I cannot address specifics with WM6, but I would think it should be very simular.

Hopes this helps someone.......

Robert

6. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

Realm is part of the input for authentication, used for digest authentication. 3CXPhoneSystem is the realm that needs to be used by the SIP client to authenticate. The client should probably be able to work that out, based on the inital response when it first tries to register, but may not be able to. Nokia's with the standard Nokia SIP client need this specified.

If you can find a field called Realm in the config (perhaps under options tab), that's it. It won't be called anything else but Realm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.