• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

People tying up all the lines on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElementalWindX

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have a 4sc client that has this number that was calling earlier today filling up all 4 lines on their phone. The way it kept dialing back when I would disconnect the call made me think it was some kind of robo call, and it appeared to be guessing extensions to ring. So weird.

Anyone have this issue before? What did you do to stop it besides manually kicking them off?

Setup an IVR and require a button to be pressed or timeout if none

Unfortunately this client doesn't want that. Weird part is when someone calls in, it's supposed to just ring all phones and not go to any auto attendant. Somehow they are directing their own call to whatever extension they want.

Unfortunately this client doesn't want that. Weird part is when someone calls in, it's supposed to just ring all phones and not go to any auto attendant. Somehow they are directing their own call to whatever extension they want.
Could you go into more detail, also, check logs.

I would check the 3CX Activity Log to see exactly how they are routing. You don't say if the trunks involved are SIP ,or on a gateway. If SIP, when you disconnect, then that trunk should too. If it is a gateway, then there may be another issue.

@ElementalWindX

As chance-wmt said, it might indeed be worth looking into what can be done on the Provider's side to mitigate this issue.

However, it is weird that the calls are reaching different extensions even though you have no such routing for inbound calls. This might be an indication that the call is not actually coming in from the SIP Trunk. Make sure that there is no other way for calls to reach your PBX such as having an SBC on a remote site that has port 5060 forwarded to it(the SBC required no port forwarding). Best way to determine what is happening is to check the 3CX Activity Log as leejor said. Do remember to enable "Verbose Logging" in "Dashboard >> Settings" first. In the Activity Log section, you can use the "Filter" option to filter what calls you're looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.