Permanent SIP error with Generic SIP

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Justin Behie, Mar 28, 2018.

Permanent SIP error with Generic SIP 5 5 11votes
5/5, 11 votes

1. Justin Behie

Please see pictures below. It would be awesome if you guys could get rid of this new "feature" where 3CX shows an error on trunks with a big red (!) on the dashboard under PBX status. When you click this I get a nice message saying it's a problem that I have a generic SIP and then it refers me too a 3CX website with a list of recommended SIP providers.

I do understand that this doesn’t affect the operation of the SIP, but to me those alerts should only be for actual errors with the sip trunks, not trying to push people to different providers. With that red all the time I will ignore it, and no longer look to it for registration errors which I assume was its intended purpose. We are happy with our three SIP providers and will not be changing. I was under the impression that having a generic SIP provider was not an issue with 3CX, and the only difference is that 3CX would not support the setup/errors with a generic SIP. Thanks for reading!

SIPError.png

SIPError2.png

ITW and Christian Hoechst like this.
  2. Silly English Kniggit

Yep - already had two customers complain / panic about this. No reason for it to be there, and certainly not as a critical ! (possibly as a yellow warning, but even that I don't support)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Justin Behie likes this.
  3. Justin Behie

Glad I’m not the only one, although I’m not surprised someone else sees a major problem with this “feature”.

Figment likes this.
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend anyone mess with C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\wwwroot\public\app.807.... javascript file either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. shenwei

Justin Behie likes this.
  6. Christian Hoechst

7. voip4business.biz

Would agree with all of this. We provide our own sip trunks and can manage the whole process much better than using one of the supported providers. The benefit of using 3cx was that it was non proprietary now we are having to calm customers down for no reason!

8. mgb

mgb

9. site