• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Permission View Switchboard on 3CX Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrea.soc

Customer
Reaction score
HI
in a structured company like ours we need to:
- Deny the possibility for all users to have the possibility of going to view all entries in the 3cx client switchboard (VIEW USER-RECEPIONIST-MANAGER ECT ..) and you can decide who can view the various menus

Is very important for the privacy of users in the company
thanks

Reactions: JakeC
c'mon guys!

Reactions: JakeC
I believe what you are asking for can already be done by splitting the extensions into Extension Groups.

By doing this e.g. extensions 100-199 which are in Extension Group A will not be able to see extensions 200-299 which are in Extension Group B.
Only extensions that would be in both Extension Groups would be able to see all extensions.

Furthermore, you could tweak the Default Extension Group Member Rights, or even per Extension in the Extension Settings -> "Rights" tab, in such a way were extensions in Extension Group B could not see anyone else in the company, by e.g. unchecking the "Can see group members" option.

For now I will move this topic back to "3CX Phone System - General" for further discussion as I believe this functionality is already available.

no, you did not understand, I need the opportunity to give visibility allowed or not the views
Recepionist
User
manager
Q manager
Wallboard

The drop-down only changes the layout of the Switchboard, not the information it contains. This means that regardless if a user chooses the "User", "Manager" or "Receptionist" view, if there Extension Group Rights only permit them to see the presence and calls of e.g. extensions 100-199, they will under not circumstances be able to see any information about e.g. extensions 200-299.

Given this there is no issue concerning privacy which you mentioned in your initial post.

The same applies for the "Wallboard" view, if an extension is neither a member of a Queue(s) or designated a Queue Manager, then the view option will still be there but they will not be able to see anything, they will just get N/A.

Given all of the above, I have to ask again, is the feature request to:
- 'Force' certain views/layouts onto the 3CXPhone for Windows Switchboard centrally from the Management Console?
or
- Limit what each extension can see in regards to Presence of other extensions for privacy?

If it is the second, then this can already be done as I previously explained I believe. I there is something in this respect that you cannot achieve, post it here and we can try and figure it out together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.