Persistent audio conferences

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by brian-le, Nov 29, 2017.

Persistent audio conferences 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. brian-le

With all the unpopular changes with audio conferencing in SP2, I'd make the suggestion of adding persistent conference rooms. That could be something that an administrator can configure in the management console and then share the details with approved users. Some of our users pay for a third party service that works like this. They just email the conference room ID, PIN and call in number to the participants. They reuse the same details over and over so there is no need to open additional clients, icals, etc.

If the administrator creates a handful of room IDs, they can just share the ID, organizer PIN and optional participant PIN to the organizer and the organizer shares the info with who ever they want. It would basically work like the personal webmeeting URL does. You could take it a step further and (optionally) enable this function for all extensions just like Click to Meet. Then all the info could be included in the welcome email and on the webclient tab for conferencing. I understand that the webmeeting could be used similarly right now but users don't like (and so won't use) webconferencing for audio only conference. In fact, I get a lot of push back because webconferences don't have a call in number like GoToMeeting or other services.