Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Persistent Conference

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by grevs, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grevs

Hello.

I am evaluating 3CX v10 and like what I see.

We are currently using Asterisk but having some issues and looking for a replacement.

The main feature I haven't been able to locate in 3CX is the notion of a persistent conference. I have fully explored the conference capabilities but am hoping I'm missing something.

I want to assign an extension to a conference room and have it available permanently. We have sales reps who have dedicated conference rooms for doing online presentations. With Asterisk the caller will simply wait until somebody else joins the conference at which point they can talk away.

If the rep were to create the room that would be fine but I'm worried as occasionally they are running late and are not the first caller into the room (currently). If I'm duplicating the behavior in 3CX and the room isn't created the caller won't be able to join a non-existent conference (duh) - thus creating a problem.

Is this functionality available or does an internal user HAVE to create a room each time they want to use it? Suggestions?

grevs

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. grevs

Yes. That's what I based all of my initial research on.

The problem here being that the conference has to be initiated by somebody. I want it to be initiated permanently and passcode protected.

Basically like a virtual bar where everyone can come and go as they please provided they have the passcode :)

4. site

I'm looking for the same functionality. I'm also curious, as the blog states that a DID can be setup to point to the conference from the outside. I'm not seeing where to do this. When I look at the DID's, they don't show conference room extensions as viable destinations for the DID. Am I missing something too? I would assume if we can assign a DID then that would by default satisfy our persistant conference issue. Right?

Thanks

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

(.) Connect to extension.
    At the bottom of drop down list you can find Voice Mail menu and Conference Place Gateway.

PBX, at the moment, does not supports persistent conferences. This feature is under construction. If you have comments or suggestions how this feature should work then please visit ideas.3cx.com and post new (or vote/comment existing) idea.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. grevs

Hello.

Has there been any movement on this topic?

Thanks

grevs

7. netswork

netswork Active Member

following this

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.