Persistents problems with 3CX push service

Discussion in 'Android' started by dacosta, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dacosta

Hello guys,

i'm having a headache as well as other on the forum, for what i could see, we can't manage to keep push service working.

We already review settings, 3cx dialer, push settings on Google API, information on 3cx client config file, open ports on the firewall, have restarted the smartphone, reprovisioned the extension, disabled/re-enabled project on google, restarted the tunnel service and still it's really annoying not knowing when the push service will or will not working.

Most of our troubleshoot is for Android, but we have similar problem with iPhone. Can someone please help?

Regards,
    Rafael da Costa

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You mentioned looking at the dialer log but you haven't provided much information for what may be causing the problem or any logs.

When a PUSH call fails, what do you see in the logs you have checked?

3. dacosta

Hello Nick,

i'm posting some requested information following this forum guidelines:

3CX version: V14.0.47020.408

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: [Moto X XT1097 - 2nd gen.]
    Firmware Version: [Attaching print with detailed information]

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: [Not sure which information should i need to put here]
    Contacts: [N/A]
    Connection: [3G]
    Server: [Internal]

I'll reproduce the call and get dialer logs and post them here.

Regards,
    Rafael da Costa

Attached Files:

4. loveland

I had the same problem and did the same things you list to fix the issue. I had to shut down the server 3CX was running on to replace UPS batteries. After the server was started, the push problem was gone. You probably don't need to replace the batteries ;-)

5. petrusali

I have the same exact problem with push notification. The android phone can only receive call when the app is launched & standby. The push notification doesn't work at all event with the push enabled status on the notification panel.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's been a while since i set up Push, but I seem to recall, and I may be mistaken, wasn't there a way to see a list of all (recent?) messages sent, once you logged in to the Google Push site?

I have to assume if it's not working, it could be one of three issues...

Google doesn't receive a notification from 3CX, or the configuration (PBX or set) is is incorrect.

The particular phone is not "listening" for the push message for some reason. Might even be the network.

The phone gets the message, but isn't responding to it

You may have to narrow it down to one, of those.

7. AlanM

Like petrusali, I have not been successful in getting Google push notification to work on v15 unless the 3CX app is launched and awaiting a call. It worked with v14 using a Samsung Galaxy series smartphone. I have deleted all previous configurations on the Google API and followed the instructions listed in the 3CX blog but all to no avail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. petrusali

I wish 3cx support got the answer for this, instead of letting this issue abandoned

9. flex2

Hello,

For what its worth I ended up making a new GCM project per the guide on 3CX's site for our v15 upgrade which ended up fixing our issues here with Android Push. Now to get IOS fixed.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you check the logs?
    The log filer is dialer.log.
    Follow the guide to configure push in the pbx.
    provision a phone and make a call - push should work.

Push can break if you start playing about with more than 1 android phone per extension. Then they start to steal each other and GCM gets confused

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. GabrielVE

Do you have to setup the account you used in creating the Google API on your Android Phone to make it work?

Also the IP address that's indicated on the guide is the External/Public IP address which resolves to the FQDN, right?

Can't still get it to work :(

Thanks,
    Gabe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.