Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Personalized fax DID - solved

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Lance Lavery, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Lance Lavery

Hi all,

Another thing I have noticed missing, personalized FAX DID's.
    Everything is in place but no tie in. DID's, Fax to email service, just not implemented.

Example, the HR department fax's do not need to be seen by the operator answering the phone.
    But without personal DID fax numbers, an added expense of a real fax machine and endpoint are needed to keep personal matters personal.
    Another example- A staff member working late and needing a signed contract from a client. What are you supposed to do wait until the morning to get it or spend more money on a real fax machine and endpoint.

Another missed opportunity to customize and fit the client better.
    Lance

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

i have a DID assigned to me for Faxes... what's the real issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lance Lavery

Please explain. I see no mention in the manual or forums that covers this topic. If you are just using a did to an ATA, what a waste.

4. craigreilly

under Inbound Rules... open a DID.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 9.27.20 PM.png

and in the manual under Inbound Call Routing:
    Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 9.28.41 PM.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lance Lavery

Brilliant. This needs to be more clearly outlined in the manual. And brings me closer to choosing 3CX.

Thanks
    Lance

6. craigreilly

Funnily enough I knew right off. “routing incoming calls”. Some are voice calls. Some are fax calls. Perhaps the guide could say Inbound Call/Fax Routing.
    Good luck.

Lance Lavery likes this.