pfSense Domain in Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by panda, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panda

Hello everyone!

I am having quite the problem with all my phones. The situation is that when ever someone calls into the office the caller ID shows up as:
    : Panda.lan
    (14191234567)

I haven't been able to find a solution yet and no one yet has ever heard of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Without additional information, I'm not certain what the problem is. Do you mean that all calls show with the same CID? What name/number shows as incoming in the 3CX Activity Log? Is the name being introduced by 3CX (company directory, Queue, Ring Group), or coming from the provider?

3. panda

All phone calls coming in have the CID as : Panda.lan for the name. 3CX call logs don't have this.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of trunking are you using? Does your provider normally send Caller Name, or just a number?
    In some cases, if no name is received, gateways will send on the default name that they were "called" in the initial set-up, but that name, along with the number would show in the 3CX log of the incoming call. If you add a specific phone number to the Phonebook, is the name overwritten, or supplemented?

5. panda

I use flowroute for my trunk. They send both i believe. Some people in my area are telling me that it is somewhere in my pfsence settings but I have no idea where.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.