Phantom "800" extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ezpc, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezpc

Hi

I just created a digital receptionist to the default 800 extension, then, when I tried dialing it, every phone in the office went on to intercom.

I changed the extension to 801 and can dial fine - but, I can't figure out how this 800 is defined or working as it doesn't seem to be in use anywhere.

Do I have a problem in the setup or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 800 "series" extension numbers are usually used (reserved?) for things such as ring groups. I'm not sure if you are asking for problems in try to use it. Check for any internal number conflicts in your system.

3. markshehan

markshehan New Member

It sounds like you have a ring group with paging on that 800 already. Each digital assistant, ring group, queue etc has to be unique extension number. And as Leejor said, those are in the 8xx series. So if you changed the extension number then that would cause the problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Is that a Cisco SPA-5XX phone? If so, it is dedicated internally to the phone for intercom.

5. ezpc

Yes - The client has Cisco SPA 504g phones.

Can you explain a little more?

I can't see (or am overlooking) this in the phone provisioning and it certainly isn't in use/set up in 3cx.

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The 504G has already a built-in (internal) function linked to dialing 800. It opens and intercom with all other Linksys (pardon, Cisco) phones on the subnet. You need to use another number in 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.