Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phantom or Unassociated Voicemail Boxes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tlsallada, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlsallada

I'm new to the 3CX world just having recently sold my first system. In other systems there are voicemail boxes for users of the system who don't have a desk (salesmen, service techs, etc) but have a need for voicemail. How do I create a mailbox for such a users in version 12??
    Thanks in advance for any help!!
    Terry

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

simply create an extension...
    if no phone is associated, calls default to goto voicemail. this can be changed as well to goto a mobile, etc.
    We use an extension as a speed dial for all of our remote offices, which are in hotels.
    ie: 1xxx where xxx is the property number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tlsallada

Wow - Thanks for the speedy reply!! Well I can leave a voicemail for the what I'd call virtual extension. My question now is: How do I access to listen to it? In the system I set up, 9999 dials voicemail but it only prompts for the passcode and not the extension number.
    Terry

4. oneradioboy

Use # after dialing 9999. The system will then ask for an extension number, then the password again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.