Phone automatically answers second call when CTI is active

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrischevy, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrischevy

Here is my problem:

3 Yealink Phones (2 T46G, 1 T48) with the firmware supported/provided by the 3CX phone system (35.72.0.225 for the T48 and 28.71.0.224 for the 2 T46)

- Phone A calls Phone B, Phone B answers and speaks with Phone A.
    - Phone C also calls Phone B
    - Phone B hangs up with Phone A while Phone C is ringing on second line of Phone B
    - Phone B gets connected automatically with phone C !

Another Variant:
    - Phone A calls Phone B, Phone B answers and speaks with Phone A.
    - Phone C also calls Phone B
    - Phone A hangs up with Phone B while Phone C is ringing on second line of Phone B
    - Phone B gets connected automatically with phone C !

None of this happens if 3CX Phone is closed (or not in CTI mode)
    I know that I am supposed to use CTI only in single line mode, but this is not an acceptable solution for our customers.

We want to start selling 3CX phone systems to our customers but we cannot tell them that they cannot use the 3CX Phone (the main unique feature of 3CX) with multiple lines...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Re: Phone automatically answers second call when using CTI

Chris,

FYI - Posted the same thing here.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/2nd-call-comes-in-3cxphone-decline-drops-call-40360.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chrischevy

Thank you for the link, I did not find it when I searched

I also posted this : http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-force-sip-mode-instead-of-cti-40570.html in an attempt to avoid the issue, but nothing so far...

4. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Chris - Sent you a PM

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

Re: Phone automatically answers second call when CTI is acti

Did you guys find a solution to this issue?

6. chrischevy

Nothing yet. I'm opening a support ticket right now

7. netswork

netswork Active Member

thanks. Keep us updated. I have a new customer wanting to use CTI

8. chrischevy

So far, the support tells me that this is how it works and they suggest that I post a suggestion on 3cx.com/ideas, so that's what I did: http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=1640

Everyone who has this problem should go there and vote. Spread the word !

I will post again as soon as I have more information.

9. netswork

netswork Active Member

Well that's not the best of news. I voted, hopefully others will too. The dial from outlook option was a big seller for my new customer (I personally have never used it). Not sure how disabling call waiting will go over with them, guess well see.

10. chrischevy

I'm wondering why this problem hasn't surfaced more that this on the different forums.

What do you guys do when a receptionist with a Yealink phone wants to use CTI mode and have multiple lines ? Someone must have this setup somewhere ?

11. chrischevy

I just found this: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-setup-snom/

This is EXACTLY what I need to work around the issue ! The "Call deskphone" option used to be available in a previous version.
    Using the "Call deskphone" instead of CTI would fix the issue with the Yealink phones.

12. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

what a mess. I turned off CTI on the receptionist phone. She too was having all these issues described. She said if turning this off fixes things - I am happy not to use the 3cx Windows Phone features.

13. red45

We are in the middle of our first 3CX deployment and were shocked to recently learn of this CTI mode major limitation. What business would not normally want to accept more than one call at time? It just doesn't make sense really except that it is a relatively new feature and is the first iteration.

I would hope that version 12.5 will address this basic requirement by supporting more than one call at a time in CTI mode. Still waiting on confirmation from 3CX on this (this should not be a feature request - this is a core business phone system requirement).

For now, there are a few workarounds that may help to stem the blood flow:
    For only one or two users:
    1) CTI mode with "accept more than 1 call" forwarding unchecked (3CX supported): Setup a one extension Queue for the receptionist. The receptionist would then use the Expanded Presence screen to control multiple calls.
    2) Swap out the phone with a model that doesn't support CTI mode (3CX supported) - for just a user or two it may be better than having to use SIP mode or implementing a non-supported workaround. It will use MakeCall mode which does have multiple call support.
    For multiple users (our scenario) that want to use CTI mode:
    3) Yealink Makecall mode with "accept more than 1 call" option checked (3CX unsupported since requires template modification):
    Here is the response from 3CX support on how to modify default yealink template to force MakeCall mode -
    "If any problems occur on the future we will not be able to troubleshoot with this as this is not the default behavior of the 3cx phone. Keep in mind that the agent will not be able to answer the call from the 3cx phone for Windows but only from the hard-phone. When the second or third call will come to the extension and the hard-phone answers the call, immediately the 3cx client will change the line to the one that is answered.
    So proceed to the following path : C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\MyPhone , find the CTI Template ( cti_template .xml ) and make a copy on your desktop in order to modify it. Open it and as per attached screenshot "CTI" delete the lines "make_call" and "answer_call" . Save it and replace it on the previous path. Please keep the default CTI as a backup."

Again, I can only hope that 3CX will not force us to choose between a single line CTI mode and not using it at all, starting with the final release of 12.5?

Chris

Attached Files:

• CTI.png
      CTI.png
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
  14. chrischevy

Hi red45,

Thank you for the info. Do I have to reprovision the phone or restart the phone system once the file is modified ?

UPDATE: THANK YOU !!! It works just like I wanted (makecall) !
    I had to reprovision the 3CXPhone to apply the changes.

I will have some testing to do but at least, there is hope !

15. red45

Glad to help - just a friendly reminder again for everyone to please vote for this "feature/fix" if you haven't yet:
    http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=1640

Here are some more technical details from 3CX on the issue. If Yealink steps up with CSTA support then it should be fixable. But in the meantime there at least needs to be a better procedure from 3CX other than 'you need to disable multiple calls with CTI mode' - this just leads to more needless support calls and doesn't make much sense for most businesses:

"CTI and Features like multiple calls and ring my mobile simultaneously will not work reliably and there are no plans to support this.
    This is because CTI needs extended call handling (HTTP 200 OK response is not enough because when a call is successful and when a call fails or a call is in an intermediate state, the response is always 200 OK.)

So to handle these extended complex features, you need another technology called CSTA where you do not get an HTTP 200 OK message only but inside the packet you get detailed information what is happening.

This is a feature that no one except snom supports so we found it is not worth the work to implement this just for Snom phones.

We would need to explain to our customers what the situation is and handle it from there.

For now there is no plans to support this in 12.5. If we have to do this, the only way is to go for CSTA and that is going to take a lot of time. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.