Phone Book Not Appear On Remote IP Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Network Emad, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Network Emad

Phone Book Not Appear On Remote IP Phone

i'm using fanvil x3s and all remote ip phones not appear the phone book. i registered the remote extensions manually but the local ip phones registered auto and they getting all their details appear in their ip phones but remote one no.

regards

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I don't know Fanvils but the x3 is on the supported list - I cannot see an "s" however so it would look like it is not supported yet: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Is that why you have set it up manually ? what happens if you auto-provision the phone using the standard x3 template ?

Are these phones using direct STUN or the SBC method for remote connectivity ?

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The phonebook is defined in the provisioning template for Fanvil phones. The phone book is an XML file and is retrieved as a function of the provisioning.

As you mention that the local phones have the phone book and you indicated that all are the same model, then I assume you were indeed able to use the X3 template.

You can either provision the remote phones (Preferred) or manually enter the phone book URL into the cloud phone book server. As you manually provisioned the remote phones, most likely you can set 3CX to provision the phones using direct sip (stun). SImply change the interface to reflect direct stun for each extension, enter in the MAC of the phone and then copy the provisioning link provided and save. Then paste the link into the Auto Provision Server address field in the phone. The file name will be the MACaddress.cfg (0C383E153D2B.cfg) as an example, then set HTTPS, 24 hour and Update after reboot. You also need to have port 5000 & 5001 tcp forwarded in your router to the 3cx system. These ports are used for provisioning and the phone book. Then reboot the phone.

The link for the cloud based server would look something like:
    https://UR_PUBLIC_IP:5001/provisioning/YOUR_PROV_FOLDER_NAME/fanvil_phonebook.xml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.