Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phone book

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

Hi,

Now that I've got V10 up and running successfully, I've been looking around the system and have a question that doesn't appear to be answered in the manual.

What I would like to be able to do is link my IT system, tel no's and contact names, with 3cx so I can see who is calling me.

The system is bespoke so I started looking at the capabilities of the company phone book, knowing that I could easily export names & telephone numbers from my system into a CSV file for uploading. I therefore decided to run a test by added a known number to the company phonebook and then called in to see what would happen. However, when I call in, I still see the telephone number on the phone handset, rather than the customers name.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
    Iain

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can configure it on Settings->General page. tab - "Global options"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. haywardi

OMG, so simple.

Thank you very very much!
    Iain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.