phone calls going to correct ext.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bulldozzer, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldozzer

I am trying to figure out how to setup my server so that when some one calls from a out side like it will goto the correct ext with out them having to put in the ext.

2. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Can you give us some more info on your setup?

Thanks.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bulldozzer

i am in the Army trying to setup a server for people to access while mostly over seas. I am currenty station in Korea trying this out and have people that love the idea because it cost so much to call home.

setup so far would love any ideas any one can help with

i have the server setup for using my voip provider and thats working pretty well so far. what i would like to do is take numbers from the states that I buy and set my server up to have number 1 point to ext. 1000 number 2 point to ext. 1001

I am not seeing a easy way to add those numbers and have it point were i want it to go.

if i can get this going how i want i plan to have it hosted on a dedicated server online but right now i have to setup try out and make some money doing what i can.

4. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Ah, I understand. This is easy to do. Lets assume the US numbers you buy are from a VoIP provider (maybe your current one or maybe another one). These are simply added as DIDs on the VoIP line DID tab. As well, they need to be added to the "source identifcation" field.

Once you do this you will see these numbers appear underneath the VoIP line. You can then add specific destinations to calls on these virtual numbers.

It will do exactly what you want.

Best,

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.