phone cannot register over anything other than local wifi

Discussion in 'Android' started by Haeyl, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haeyl

Hi Guys, hoping you can help.

We're running 3CX v15 and have had it installed for several months now. I am attempting to set up 3cx client for Android (and iOS later) and have hit an issue. the app installs fine, the welcome email is sent, received and opened fine and, if I'm on the local wifi, the app registers fine and receives phonecalls. If i'm on the mobile network, or another wifi signal, the accound fails it's registration. First it fails on a timeout, then it eventually provides a popup message saying something along the lines of "Could not contact provisioning server due to network issue" (after attempting to re-provision automatically).

I am assuming this is due to an incorrectly setup 3CX tunnel, but everything I can find online says that you don't have to configure the tunnel, just make sure port 5090 is open on TCP and UDP (it is) and you're good to go. I've made sure that use of the tunnel is allowed on both the extension and the phone itself.

Does anyone know why my phone will not register unless it's on the local network? any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Haeyl

Please make sure that tunnel is enabled under extension settings / phone provisioning / 3CX client. If not enable it and send a new welcome email to the device. Also make sure that the firewall checker passes successfully on the Dashboard of the management console.
    You should also check that you FQDN resolves correctly from outside the network

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.