• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone does not unregister when server is restarted

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauladams

Reaction score
Two things:

1. This is FRIGGIN AWESOME :!: :lol: :mrgreen:

2. If the Android client is registered with the PBX and the PBX is restarted, the client does not know and just sits there. I restarted my PBX services because of another issue. I started my soft phone, and then called my DID and it rang on the soft phone but not on the Android app.

Is this a limitation with SIP, or is it something that can be tweaked in the code to make sure the server is still alive? Is there a refresh interval for SIP clients to make sure they are still registered?

Thanks so much for this app, this is going to be a huge selling point for the execs...

We had an issue in this - should be fixed in the latest version of the market. Just go to the appstore and download latest.

pauladams said:
Two things:

1. This is FRIGGIN AWESOME :!: :lol: :mrgreen:

2. If the Android client is registered with the PBX and the PBX is restarted, the client does not know and just sits there. I restarted my PBX services because of another issue. I started my soft phone, and then called my DID and it rang on the soft phone but not on the Android app.

Is this a limitation with SIP, or is it something that can be tweaked in the code to make sure the server is still alive? Is there a refresh interval for SIP clients to make sure they are still registered?

Thanks so much for this app, this is going to be a huge selling point for the execs...

1)If you restart the PBX, all registrations are cleared / lost from the PBX. At this point, nothing is registered on the PBX.
2)Opening the VoIP Phone after the restart will make it automatically registered on the PBX.
3) At this point the Android Phone most probably has not even had enough time to re-registered yet.

Thus by making a call to your DID, the call will go to the VoIp Phone.
This is the logic behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.