• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

phone don't register

Status
Not open for further replies.

t4mack

Reaction score
Phones do not show as registered under phones unless assistant is also registered. An the assistant can't be registered unless the 3cx phone is also registered which is a problem. Often users don't have the phone running which would render their assistant useless, because it won't register.

When you say "under phones" you mean in the 3cx assistant or in the System Management console?

Regardless of your answer, I can say with some certainty that there must be an issue with your setup because the phones DO show up in both places with or without the assistant loaded for that particular extension.

Can you give us some details of your setup?

i have two machines setup (OS Windows XP). the first has the 3cx phone system installed. The IP is 192.168.0.1. The second pc has the assistant and 3cx phone, IP 192.168.0.2. And there is an IP phone, IP address 192.168.0.3. There are two extensions 100 and 101. Extension 100 is registered on the PC. And extension 101 on the IP phone. Extension 101 doesn't show under phones in the management console. The assistant would not register for extension 100 until the 3cx phone was registered.

Ok I misunderstood.

The behavior of the assistant is consistent with what the assistant is generally designed to do. It will not register for an extension without the extension being currently active in the system.

As far as 101 not registering, we're going to need some log files from 3cx to figure out whats going on. Put your logs on verbose mode, restart 3cx and post the logs for when that extension registers - or attempts to do so.

It seems to be working now. I rebooted the phone and that fixed the issue. Thanks for the assistance.

Hi. The assistant and phones are independent. This means that even if the phone is unregistered, the assistant will still connect and of course will show that the extension as unregistered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.