Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

phone don't register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by t4mack, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t4mack

Phones do not show as registered under phones unless assistant is also registered. An the assistant can't be registered unless the 3cx phone is also registered which is a problem. Often users don't have the phone running which would render their assistant useless, because it won't register.

2. carolinainnovative

When you say "under phones" you mean in the 3cx assistant or in the System Management console?

Regardless of your answer, I can say with some certainty that there must be an issue with your setup because the phones DO show up in both places with or without the assistant loaded for that particular extension.

Can you give us some details of your setup?

3. t4mack

i have two machines setup (OS Windows XP). the first has the 3cx phone system installed. The IP is 192.168.0.1. The second pc has the assistant and 3cx phone, IP 192.168.0.2. And there is an IP phone, IP address 192.168.0.3. There are two extensions 100 and 101. Extension 100 is registered on the PC. And extension 101 on the IP phone. Extension 101 doesn't show under phones in the management console. The assistant would not register for extension 100 until the 3cx phone was registered.

4. carolinainnovative

Ok I misunderstood.

The behavior of the assistant is consistent with what the assistant is generally designed to do. It will not register for an extension without the extension being currently active in the system.

As far as 101 not registering, we're going to need some log files from 3cx to figure out whats going on. Put your logs on verbose mode, restart 3cx and post the logs for when that extension registers - or attempts to do so.

5. t4mack

It seems to be working now. I rebooted the phone and that fixed the issue. Thanks for the assistance.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi. The assistant and phones are independent. This means that even if the phone is unregistered, the assistant will still connect and of course will show that the extension as unregistered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.