Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phone dropping call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kephart, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kephart

If the phone rings and the call is picked up on the first ring, it drops the call. The other person will hear me say hello before it drops. I can't hear anything from them. V12.5 being used with Yealink SIP-T19P phones

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

some clarification...

This is happening on all sets? Only Yealinks, or have you tested with other models?

Firmware on sets is up-to-date?

Calls work correctly if answered right after the first ring?

3CX activity logs shows...what? Which end is "ending" the call? SIP messages incorrect order?

When did this start, or has it been this way since install?

Could there be an option on the sets that is causing this... forwarding, caller ID option?

3. Kephart

Happening on all phones, only use that model of phone. The firmware is up to date.

If answered on or after the second right the calls stay connected every time.

It has only been happening recently.

This is what it is saying in the log for why the phone call is ending "has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from" then it has a 173 IP address.

None of the settings have been changed from install. So I am unsure what setting could cause this.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In most cases, when something starts working incorrectly, it's a result of a change. It might be hardware (something on the network, new bridge?), or a firmware/software update. It might also be software corruption, but that usually creates a multitude of problems.

Were there any changes made at the time the phones began dropping calls?

Since it is all phones, it is either something on the network (hardware), an update to the 3CX server software or hardware, or an update to all of the sets (firmware/options).

5. adrianc

Kephart, did you find a solution to this problem?
    We have 12.5 running with Yealink T42G phones and the same problem from time to time.
    Like you, nothing has changed.
    Cheers.
    Adrian

6. deanril@yahoo.com

If all was well before and now its not. What did you change?

Sounds like what was happening to me, cheap headsets will drop calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.