Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phone extension "not registered"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chaznsc, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaznsc

Just finished our install and I am trying to learn some basic admin before running back to the vendor. I have one extension in the EV that shows NOT REGISTERED. I don't see anything in the manual addressing this. All calls go directly to VM.

2. 12494

12494 Member

What model of phone are you using?

It doesn't take a lot of stuff to authenticate a phone to the pbx in order to register. There's some basic trouble shooting steps - is the phone powered up, connected to the network, getting IP address, getting provisioning, enabled in console, etc. etc. etc. How much help would you like?

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chaznsc

Being new to the interface, I wasnt sure what "not registered" meant when it had an IP Address assigned. I did reconnect the phone to the data port at the switch and it came back online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.