Phone Features

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scheuk2, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scheuk2

I am in the process of putting together a replacement phone system to our old Toshiba system.
    We are leaning towards using 3CX because of the features for the price.
    But I am trying to figure out the best set of phones to use with 3CX.
    In the past I have used Cisco 79XX with asterisk/trixbox/elastix, and loved working with the phones.
    But after reading through the 3CX website, from what I can tell, the cisco 79xx phones aren't well supported with 3CX?
    I am wondering if you lose any features/functionality of the 79xx phones with 3CX? What are the feature differences between using 79xx phones vs the more supported Cisco SPA, Yealink, or Polycom phones with 3CX?

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

I know this doesn’t answer your questions fully, basically when 3CX say a make and model of a VoIP Phone is supported, all this means is that the phones have been tested and a configuration file is pre-defined for a given make / model
    However if your phone is not on the list, it does not mean it wont work, just that 3CX have not tested it. You may have issues using an unsupported phone such as BLF Lights, Call Transfer etc; however you can easily control theses via the 3CX Assistant.
    That said, if you don’t have much experience with setting up phones or if you need a guaranteed working solution then you are probably best using a supported IP Phone.
    Supported Phones can be easer to setup, plus you will also get support via the 3CX support desk should you run into any problems with setting up the phones.

I hope the above info helps a little.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.