Phone in use notification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jholcombe, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jholcombe

Hello, on our previous Nortel BCM phone system, the caller would see that the destination extension was in use if the person they were calling was on the phone. For example, extension 102 is on a call, extension 101 calls extension 102, extension 101 sees a notification on their display that extension 102 is on a call.

We are using 3CX with Yealink T46G phones. Is it possible to have the caller receive such a notification?

Thank you!,

--John

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi There

You can configure BLF keys on the Phones that will appear red when the extension is on a call : http://www.3cx.com/pbx/blf-function-keys/ and http://www.3cx.com/docs/extension-management/

Other than this then you can use the 3CXPhone Switchboard (expanded presence screen) to see that status of colleagues: http://www.3cx.com/user-manual/switchboard/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jholcombe

On the BLF keys, we would have to create a BLF key for every user in the system.

On the Expanded Presence Screen, the problem is some of the presence are grayed out because the user is not a member of the same group(s) the destination extension is a member of (so they can't see presence information).

Some of the users (department heads) need to have web access to edit their (and sometimes their employees) BLF keys and other things, such as call forwarding. Allow 3CX Management Console Access either allows them either Manage own Extension or Group / Department Manager or Global Extension Manager.

The permissions for 3CX Management Console Access for Group / Department Manager appear to be solely based on group membership, regardless of whether the role of that group member is "User" or "Manager" in that group. I really need everybody to see everybody's presence information, but I need department heads to be able to manage just their departments extensions (and not everybody else).

I suppose I can set up each person with individual Manage own Extension permissions, and then give the department head each of their users web access passwords...

However, on the destination busy notification I will get "Our old 10+ year old system would do this, shouldn't the newer system do this and more?". Maybe this is something that can be done on the Yealink phone itself. I'll check with Yealink.

Thank you!,

--John

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

One more thing you could consider doing is enabling the "I want to be able to accept more than one call at the same time" option for you extensions. This is a per-extension setting and is found in the Extension Settings -> 'Forwarding Rules' tab right at the bottom.

By enabling this option, even if the extension is already on the phone, when another call arrives for that extension they will still see it on the phones display, also giving the user the ability to answer that call while putting the first one on hold and then switching between the 2. This also works with more than 2 calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.