Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

phone is talking to me instead of ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ddmarkus, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddmarkus

Hello,

recently we upgraded 3cx to version 12 and since then we have a strange behaviour on some phones. If there is a call from inside, the phones are ringing with the usual ring tone. But if there is a call from outside, instead of playing a ring tone, the phone starts talking: "you have a conference $DIALERS_NUMBER". Why is the phone talking to me and how can I disable it?

We are using grandstream gxp2100 phones on a 3cx phone system v12. Your help is much appreciated.

cheers,
    markus

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

check the 2100 ringtones. this is not 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

This is definitely Grandstream feature we've ran into before the phone speaks out the caller ID this can be disabled in the Grandstream web GUI, I cannot remember off the top of my head what that feature is called..... I will take a look and edit this post when I find that setting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ddmarkus

thanks for your answers. With your help I found the solution. As you said, it was not the fault of 3cx, it's a grandstream feature. It's this setting: grandstream 2100 web interface -> accounts -> account 1 -> call settings -> match incoming caller id -> external -> system ring tone.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

glad to help. what was the name of the "ring tone" being used?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.