phone is talking to me instead of ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ddmarkus, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddmarkus

Hello,

recently we upgraded 3cx to version 12 and since then we have a strange behaviour on some phones. If there is a call from inside, the phones are ringing with the usual ring tone. But if there is a call from outside, instead of playing a ring tone, the phone starts talking: "you have a conference $DIALERS_NUMBER". Why is the phone talking to me and how can I disable it?

We are using grandstream gxp2100 phones on a 3cx phone system v12. Your help is much appreciated.

cheers,
    markus

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

check the 2100 ringtones. this is not 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

This is definitely Grandstream feature we've ran into before the phone speaks out the caller ID this can be disabled in the Grandstream web GUI, I cannot remember off the top of my head what that feature is called..... I will take a look and edit this post when I find that setting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ddmarkus

thanks for your answers. With your help I found the solution. As you said, it was not the fault of 3cx, it's a grandstream feature. It's this setting: grandstream 2100 web interface -> accounts -> account 1 -> call settings -> match incoming caller id -> external -> system ring tone.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

glad to help. what was the name of the "ring tone" being used?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.