• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone keep ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

complex1

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an annoying problem, because it is not always there.
A customer is running 3CX v12.5, use a Call Queue with 10 agents. Yealink T26P v6.73.0.40
Phone call comes in and is picked up.
Other phone keeps on ringing, referring to the same call as the one that was just picked-up. When the ringing phone is picked-up, there is no caller (as it has been picked-up already).
3CX log does not show any issue.

Do somebody recognize this issue or can point me into the right direction to investigate this?

Thank you for your help.

When the system sent the call to the Q, you should see in the log where it sent an invite to each phone logged into the Q and available to take the call (depending upon the ring strategy, which in this case, I assume to be a ring all). The invite caused the ring to occur and then whenever one of the phones picked up, the system should have sent another SIP message to the phones that DID NOT answer the call to terminate the call as it was answered elsewhere. This should have then stopped the other phones from ringing. The log should have shown the terminate/elsewhere messages being sent.

Provided the logs do indeed show the elsewhere message being sent, then you may need to consider:

1. The firmware of the phone - check the Yealink forum and release notes.
2. The network and if there are any issues that might preclude the messages from reaching the phones.
3. The phones themselves, perhaps a factory reset and a re-provision is in order.

You may need to run a Wireshark just to validate that what the log indicates is truly being seen on the network and perhaps it too will show something.

Hi lneblett,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Point 1 and 3 was the first thing I have done / checked.
Point 2 will become more difficult because the call centre is located some 350 miles away from here.

The main problem is that the issue is not always there. Sometimes it goes fine for a day of two/three, sometimes occur it 4 times in an hour.
The call centre receive a lot of calls so it is very hard to “find” the phone that missed the cancel message. But what I have seen in the log is all phones get the cancel message.
The people at the call centre are so busy that they forget or do not have the time to report when the issue occur. So I am always too late.

Anyway I will continue the monitoring (3CX log and Wireshark) and hope to catch the cause of this issue.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.