Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Phone keeps ringing with phantom calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joshuao3, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshuao3

Ever since the update to v15, some of the phones in the office ring every few minutes for no reason whatsoever. It's driving us crazy!!!!!! It looks like it's our own extension calling. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

My guess is that you are using Grandstream phones. If so, be sure to upgrade to the latest supported firmware.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    craigreilly likes this.
  3. joshuao3

Yes, I am. Only the upgraded phones are having the problem. I'm also having a problem (that just started) where the phone system says I'm out of licenses when I try to make calls. We only have 5 lines, and our license is for 8 calls, and I'm getting the error when there's nobody on the phone. There used to be a way to look at the ongoing calls in realtime, but I can't seem to find that in the new web interface. Is there a place to see the current calls?

4. joshuao3

Basically, the system is full of hobgoblins since upgrading to v15. It's very very disruptive to my office.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

1) After upgrading the phones - factory reset? That is part of the GS process on 15.5 SP4.
    2) Active calls - Dashboard-> Number of calls in use. Click on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    voiptoys likes this.
  6. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Hey craigreilly, you solved a mystery for me! Thanks!

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

No way I did that Matt... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.