Phone line breaking in and out

Discussion in 'Windows' started by georgineirish, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgineirish

Hi all,

I have been using 3cx for 3 weeks now for work, unfortunately, i usually hear customers on the other line telling me that I am breaking off. I am using Jabra headset on my laptop and all is okay with the headset, im using 3cx via callfire and there is also no problem with them, they are assisting me by rerouting my call path once in a while, however, i still hear customers telling me that the phone connection is not good.
    could it be 3cx problems?
    can anyone help me on this?

thank you..

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So...what hardware are you actually having issues with?

3. georgineirish

could it be possible that 3cx has something to do with it?

im really not sure.

=(

or could it be my internet connection? im using a wired connection but with only 2mbps speed.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Anything is possible. It's just that you said...

So what combination IS causing problems?

5. georgineirish

thanks for replying on my post. i really had no idea on what's happening but I am considering an upgrade on my internet speed.

In the meantime, let me give you some info on what has been done to try resolving the issue, i contacted callfire to see if something was wrong, so as I said, they rerouted my call path, i also erased all histories and cache of my laptop, im not using a wifi to ensure that the connection is more stable.

i am using a jabra headset that works perfectly,

everyitme im on skype or other online voice recorder, my voice was smooth etc, but everytime i am having my calls using 3cx, i am breaking up.

i dont know what the problem is, maybe you can help me figure out.

THanks.

6. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Record the calls to find out if the leg between you and the PBX is a problem.. or perhaps if it is the PBX and the trunk. Helps split where you need to go hunting.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Skype may be more compressed that the Codecs that you are using, so it may not be having issues. There very well may be a bandwidth issue. It could also be something (hardware, or a network setting) that is causing the problem. Can this be duplicated from other phones/devices, or is it just you?

If there is a switch, between your PC and the 3CX server, try to bypass it. Remove every other device on the network, and try a call. Easier said than done in many cases, but it is surprising what havoc other devices, that are not working properly, or set-up correctly can have. Confirm what codecs you are using all the way through, try to keep them that same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.