• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Phone loses registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoscrib

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having an annoying problem with the 3CXPhone maybe someone can help.

I'm have a MyTouch 3G from T-Mobile running Android 2.2 (CyanogenMod-6.0.0-DS-RC1). I'm currently in Afghanistan with no cell phone coverage so I keep the phone in airplane mode to save my battery but turn on the WiFi for Internet and VoIP.

When I first go into 3CXPhone it registers with my SIP server just fine and displays the dialer. From there I can dial a number directly from the dialer, the call goes through and everything works great. The problem is when I go away from the dialer screen it is no longer registered with the SIP server.

For instance, if I click on the phonebook icon within the 3CXPhone dialer, it brings up my phone book. I scroll down to the person I want to call and click Call icon. At this point, the phone tries to call using my cell network instead of my WiFi. Again, there is no cell network, my phone is in airplane mode and the only active radio is the WiFi radio. I get a message saying "To place a call, first turn off airplane mode." When I go back to the dialer screen I see "Not Registered" for a split second before it again registers with my SIP server and I can then dial a number directly from the dialer.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi,

Can you go to your 3CXPhone Settings > Integration > Redirect Normal Calls and Tick this option?
Try it out and see what happens.

I had a very similar issue with my phone. Make sure that the Android OS is updated to the latest version. I battled with this for weeks before I figured it out and out of frustration reset the phone and upgraded everything.

After the upgrade my phone is perfect.. VoIP works and so does everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.