Phone Not registered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dionh, Apr 17, 2007.

1. dionh

Hi

We have a grandstream 8 port gateway and 6 x GXP-2000 phones.

When we reboot the system the phones do not automatically re register is by design?

I could see this as being a problem on a large number of handsets, rebooting all the phones is not really an option.

I have also no noticed that the phones do not de-register themselves from the 3cx system when the phones are unpluged. Is there a we an tweak or adjust this?

Dion

2. NigelG

Hi,

THe Grandstream GXP-2000 has a feature named un-register on reboot, default setting for this is No if you change this to Yes then the phone will unregister on reboot. It would not unregister however if the power was removed.

The SIP command should re-register the phone automatically depending on the register expiration setting, probably worth checking these settings.

Regards
    NigelG

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This is by design in SIP Protocol. Or at least there is no standard function present yet in SIP to remotely trigger a reset of a phone

The SIP phones are independent devices and re-registration can only be triggered from the phone itself, not from the server. So you can either reboot the phones, or set the re-registration interval to less, for example 30 minutes. Then within 30 minutes the phones will re register.

The good news is though that our phone system rarely needs to reboot, our phone system in our office has been up for several months...... :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you configure the grandstream to do a re-register after XYZ seconds. I know a lot of phones pole every so often to see if the server is still available, I have mine check every 5 seconds (mainly because I am still playing and learning the system).

So if the server is down, I can see that on my phone display as "SIP registration failed" once the server is back up it registered.

Would something like that solve your problem?

5. dionh

Thanks, all very good suggestions I will take a look at the options on the grandstream's in more detail.

Kind regards,
    Dion