phone provisioning fails for new 3cx deployment

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Louie Arbs, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louie Arbs

Hello all. Thank you for reading my post. This is my first 3CX system I am configuring for a client. We are attempting to do preinstallation tasks like install the OS, install 3CX and provision the phones so that when we go onsite all we need to do is install the phones, make a few configuration changes (public IP and email server information) and configure the SIP trunks for their provider.

When I plug a phone into the network the provision request is visible in the management console. I have already configured user extensions so i click on the phone and then click on assign extension. I assign the extension and it takes me to the phone provisioning page for the extension. i verify the data is correct and click OK. Nothing happens. If i go to the phones web gui and then go to settings>autoconfigure I can drop the url in like the manual shows, click confirm and then click autoprovision and it does something in the browser and says operation successful but the phone never resets or shows the extension data.

Ive tried with 2 phones. the first a Yealink t42G and a Yealink W56P. There will also be Yealink t21p phones but I have not attempted to configure them yet.

On the w56p when I connect it to the network it appears to try and provision and then beeps and displays a provision failed message on the screen.

I have configured option 66 in DHCP and place the link to the server there.

Any help getting me going is appreciated

2. aberry

aberry New Member

Are you on an updated and supported firmware? If so are you provisioning by FQDN or IP of the 3CX system. I've had DNS issues that prevented provisioning before for me - The phone couldn't see the server by hostname because it was using alternate DNS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.